Banner

Banner

Saturday, June 22, 2013

I Love My Bump: Week 7


Week 7 has come and gone! I feel like time is starting to fly by a little faster!! I can't wait to go to the doctor next week!!

 

How far along?
7 Weeks

Trimester?
First

How many days until my due date?
231 days

How big are the babies?
The babies are the size of a blueberry


What milestone did the babies reach this week?
They are continuing to grow and have strong heartbeats!! Tiny ear buds have begun to form, but hearing does not develop until week 14. A small tail is visible as a remnant from earlier development. This will disappear as the babies continue to develop. Their hands and feet are starting to sprout from the body! The babies are still considered embryos and have tails, which is an extension of the tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks. The babies have doubled in size since last week. If I could see inside my womb right now...I would spot eyelid folds partially covering the babies peepers, which already have some color. I would also see the top of their noses and their tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of the babies brain are growing, and their liver is churning our red blood cells until bone marrow forms and takes over this role. The babies have their appendix and a pancreas, which will produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in the babies growing intestine is bulging into their umbilical cords, which now have distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from the babies tiny body! Creation is simply indescribable!

Pregnancy Symptoms?
Still tired!!!!

Cravings/Aversions?
No cravings! Most food still sounds bad!

Best moment this week?
Hearing the heartbeats and seeing the growth

What I'm looking forward to next week?
Definitely going to our doctor's appointment and getting a lot of my questions answered by Dr. J

What emotions have I experienced this week?
It's really starting to set in that there are two babies in there. I feel a little overwhelmed but in a good way! I'm anxious...because I want to see them already!

Boy or Girl?
We will have to wait and see...

Nesting?
Not really anymore. The nursery is mostly done. Of course I don't have the bedding on yet and the rest of the decor. I still have to buy a bookcase. Slowly but surely.

Devotional from the book "Expecting Praying for your Child's Development Body & Soul":
This week's devotional focuses on the baby's heart!
"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply from the heart." -1 Peter 1:22
Lord, my baby's heart has been beating for a couple weeks, but now it can be detected by an ultrasound. I can't wait to see and hear that little heart beating for myself. My baby's heart has both a right and left chamber now. Every day their inner workings get more and more complex-readying them for the outside world. God, I know that the actual heart isn't where our emotions live- but that's the symbolism we use in our culture. I so want our children to be tender-hearted, never calloused or uncaring. I want them to empathize with the plight of others. I want their heart to be pliable- easily squeezed with joy and even easily constricted with pain. I hate to think of their hearts being broken, but a hard heart lacks the capacity to know true love. Lord, will you give them a soft heart, yet protect it as well? May they have a heart for the things you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment