Banner

Banner

Monday, June 3, 2013

I Love My Bump: Week 4

Well we found out we are officially pregnant from the doctor!! We are beyond thrilled and excited! We are thanking God everyday for our little miracle!! Time for the Bump!!!!!




How many weeks pregnant?
I am four weeks pregnant this week!! (according to my baby app)

Which trimester am I in?
I am in the first trimester

How many days until my due date?
Around 251?

Have we told anyone about the pregnancy yet?
Yes we have told everyone...not our original plan, but when you go a different route it's a little difficult to keep secrets. But in the end we are happy to tell people about God's gift to us!

How big is Baby Politte?
Baby Politte is the size of a poppy seed!!!


 

What milestone has Baby Politte reached this week?
Baby Politte has implanted and is growing!!! This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period- the most dramatic and vulnerable period of development. From now until 10 weeks, all of the baby's organs will begin to develop and some will start to function. As a result, this is the time when the baby will be most vulnerable to anything that might interfere with normal development. The primitive placenta is made up of two layers at this point. It's cells are tunneling into the lining of the uterus, creating spaces for my blood to flow. When the developed placenta starts to function at the end of this week, it will provide nutrients and oxygen to the growing baby! Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house the baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion the baby as he/she grows; and the yolk sac, which produces the baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.

Pregnancy symptoms?
Bloated!!! Extremely tired and I get winded from just doing the laundry lol! Peeing A LOT! Like 4 times a night at least and all day long haha. Crying all the time over things that are silly or tv shows.

Cravings?
I am craving pickles!!! I've had two jars of pickles and a jar of olives within 3 days. Bad I know..I just couldn't stop myself!

Food aversions?
No food aversions yet!

What was my best moment this week?
Definitely finding out we were pregnant! Standing in babies-r-us bawling my eyes out hugging Jared! It was official!

What am I looking forward to next week?
Maybe seeing a sac?? At 5 weeks I'm hoping to get to see something!!

What emotions have I experienced this week?
Overwhelmed! I still can't believe this is real.

Am I wearing maternity clothes?
Yep! As crazy as it sounds...I'm wearing maternity clothes. Just shirts. My pants are still ok for now...but I have a feeling the size 4's are gonna be out the door soon!

Stretch marks?
Not yet!! :)

Has my belly button popped out yet?
Not yet. But my belly is swollen and it looks as though my belly button is disappearing haha

Have I felt any kicks?
Not yet...Can not wait for this day!!

Boy or Girl?
We don't know yet. We honestly don't care. Just a healthy baby!

Have we decided on names yet?
Yes! When it takes you almost 3 years to get pregnant...you have your names ready to go!  For sure our girl name is Harper! we also like Gabriella (Gabby), Juliet, Piper. Our Boy names are Cruz, Jaxson, Julien, Liam, Luca, Reid.

Sleep or no sleep?
Sleep...and as much of it as I can get. I usually crash around 5 or 6 for a quick cat nap. We are in bed every night by 10.

Dreams?
I have had two pregnant dreams... Jared and I were at the beach vacationing both times. I had a belly! Could this be a premonition?!

Have I been nesting?
Yes! We have started buying baby things, and we are getting ready to start on the nursery. The colors of the nursery will go for either gender. So I'm excited to get the ball rolling!!

Devotional from the book "Expecting Praying for your Child's Development Body & Soul":
This weeks devotional is about Implantation.
"These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." -Deuteronomy 6:6-7
Lord, right now my baby's home is a gestational sac that will help cushion and protect him/her in the months to come. He/she is in the safest place he/she can be, and I thank you for your perfect design that helps ensure his/her survival and comfort. Will you help me make our home a safe haven too? I want our child to always feel like he/she can be themselves, let his/her hair down in our home. I want him/her to feel like Mom and Dad are his/her biggest allies, that we would give ourselves to guarantee his/her safety and security. May our home be the place he/she runs to when he/she needs shelter from the storms of life. May our home be a place he/she feels comfortable bringing his/her friends. May our home be a place where he/she learns about Jesus and feels His presence. I'm so thankful that our child will begin his/her life in a home with a family. If only every child were so blessed!

1 comment: