Banner

Banner

Friday, June 7, 2013

I Love My Bump: Week 5


How many weeks pregnant?
5 weeks!!


Which trimester am I in?
I'm in the 1st trimester!

How many days until my due date?
245

How big is Baby Politte?

Baby Politte is the size of an apple seed and is shaped like a tadpole!

What milestone has Baby Politte reached this week?
The baby is in the yolk sac and oxygen and nutrients will be delivered from the uterus to the embryo by the umbilical cord. The embryos are made up of three layers- the ectoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm-which will later form all of the organs and tissues. In the top layer, ectoderm, the neural tube is starting to develop. Eventually the baby's brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone will sprout from here. This ectoderm will also give rise to skin, hair, nails, mammary and sweat glands, and tooth enamel. The baby's heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer or mesoderm. This week the heart divided into chambers and beat and pump blood. The mesoderm will also form the baby's muscles, cartilage, bone, and under skin tissue. The endoderm will house the lungs, intestines, and rudimentary urinary system, as well as the thyroid, liver, and pancreas. In the meantime the placenta, and umbilical cord are already on the job!

Pregnancy symptoms?
Still the same symptoms, crying easily, peeing a lot, bloated, hungry all the time, and I get winded easily. My heart races sometimes.

Cravings?
I am still craving anything salty! I'm addicted to lime water from sonic with extra lime. It's so sour but so good!!

Food aversions?
None yet :) I've heard that might start this week or next.

What was the best moment this week?
The best moment this week was yesterday when Jared and I went to the hospital and he did an ultrasound to see if we could see anything...and we did!

What am I looking forward to next week?
Hopefully seeing if there is more than one baby for sure!

What emotions have I experienced this week?
I've been very relaxed more so than last week! Very excited and anxious to hear the heartbeat!!

Am I wearing maternity clothes?
Yep!! I bought my first maternity dress! Other than that, just shirts still.

Stretch marks?
None yet :)

Has my belly button popped out yet?
Not yet!

Have I felt any kicks?
No, but can't wait!

Boy or Girl?
???

Sleep?
Sleeping well! Still tired late afternoon/early evening and usually take a nap! In bed by 10!

Have I been nesting?
Yes! I'm trying to figure out what baby bedding to get! I am ordering our chair for the nursery today and possibly the crib too!



Devotional from the book "Expecting Praying for your Child's Development Body & Soul":
This week it's all about the baby's brain!
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." -Mark 12:30
Lord, I've barely had time to process that I'm pregnant, and my baby's tiny brain is already forming and developing. Such a miracle! What a complex organ the human brain is. I can't hope to ever understand it completely, but I take comfort in the fact that you designed it and know it inside and out. I pray that you will bless our child with a fully functioning brain. May every cell and every lobe work precisely the way you designed it to work. May he/she constantly be learning and making new connections. I pray that I might do my part to make his/her environment conducive to intellectual stimulation and growth. Their IQ doesn't matter, as long as they make the most of what you have given him/her. Father, help him/her to use his/her mind in hundreds of positive ways. Bless them with intelligence so that he/she might use it to be a blessing to others. Help he/she to love you, Lord, not just with his/her heart but with his/her mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment