How far along?
9 weeks 1 day
Trimester?
1st
How many days until my due date?
216
How big are the babies?
The babies are the size of a grape
What milestone did the babies reach this week?
The babies have two strong heartbeats coming in at 175 and 180. They both have arms and legs and we could make out their heads now. It's amazing! They aren't just little circles on the screen anymore! The tongue and lips are continuing to develop. Teeth are beginning to form, but do not break through the gums until after birth. The eyes are now more distinct , with tiny eyelids to protect them. They also have tiny earlobes, and the mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The babies are starting to move their limbs quite a bit, but I'm not able to feel it yet! Their hearts have divided into four chambers, and the valves start to form. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. The babies organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. The babies will rapidly gain weight this week!! Every week when I read everything going on with the babies, I'm amazed by God! He perfected everything!
Pregnancy Symptoms?
Tired!! I go to sleep fine but then my body thinks at 4:30 AM it's time to get up, and in between time I'm visiting the bathroom.
Cravings/Aversions?
I had another craving...Tuna sub from subway. I only ate a 6 inch unlike my usual foot long. I would give anything to eat one everyday...unfortunately I can only eat it twice a week since it's high in mercury! Another craving I had this week was ranch dip with vegetables! My friend, Meagan Yount, told me a while back that the main thing she would eat in the evening would be cereal. At the time I thought, yuck!!, because nothing sounded good. This week...I have been craving froot loops! I could eat them every meal!
Best moment this week?
Going to the doctor and getting our first official pictures of the babies! And definitely seeing their little arms and legs moving on the screen!
What I'm looking forward to next week?
One week closer to the end of the first trimester. I'm counting down the weeks!! I can't wait to find out genders!!! Everyone I know thinks they are girls based on the old wives tale of the heartbeat
What emotions have I experienced this week?
JOY!!! Getting to see the babies move was something I can't describe. It was amazing and I wish I could stare at them all day everyday!! If only Jared could buy an ultrasound machine for the house!! haha
Boy or Girl?
??? I seriously can't wait to find out!!! But we won't tell for a while...
Devotional from the book "Expecting Praying for your Child's Development Body & Soul":
In my devotional this week it was about the babies eyelids.
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:18
A prayer for the baby this week: God thank you for painstakingly creating my baby's eyes, and for their eyelids that will protect their eyes as they continue to grow. Our eyes are so important and vital. Eyes allow us to see our world. Sight is such a gift, thank you Lord! We want our children to fix their eyes on Jesus, and to look to Him for guidance and wisdom as they travel down life's path. Lord help me to point out your hand at work in the world at every opportunity!

No comments:
Post a Comment