Banner

Banner

Saturday, July 20, 2013

I Love My Bump: Week 11


Week 11!! I can't believe my first trimester is almost over. It really flew by! I hope the next trimester goes by as fast as this one!!



How far along?
11 weeks 3 days

Trimester?
1st

How many days until my due date?
200 days

How big are the babies?
The twinnies are the size of a fig

What milestone did the babies reach this week?
The babies are almost fully formed! At just over 1 1/2 inches long. The babies will soon open and close their fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden. They are busy kicking and stretching, and these tiny movements look like water ballet. Movements will become more frequent as the babies grow. The babies are also hiccuping because their diaphragm is forming. Male fetuses begin to make the hormone testosterone. Ovaries in female fetuses contain estrogen receptors which respond to my hormones to help further development. The intestines are growing rapidly, pushing out into their umbilical cords. Their skin is still transparent, their neck muscles, and teensy-tiny fingernails are forming this week. God sure knew what He was doing when He created life. It's amazing all of the little things that you may never think about are being created, down to every minute detail. What a mighty God we serve!

Pregnancy symptoms?
I feel blah sometimes, but for the most part I feel better. I'm hungry all.the.time. I'm kind of tired of eating all the time! lol. I'm still very very tired. I usually like to try and take a nap in the evening. I'm visiting the little girls room all the time as well.

Cravings/Aversions?
I've still been craving tuna!!!! I have craved orange chicken from panda express, froot loops are still my go to, hostess chocolate donuts, and cranberry juice. I have been craving mountain dew slushies which I can't have and won't no matter how bad I want it! The best craving I've had all week...laffy taffy with sprinkles on it. I can only find it at Casey's. It's the best!!!!

Best moment of the week?
Going to the doctor and hearing the heartbeats on the Doppler again. Seeing the babies on the ultrasound! They are so adorable. Kicking and punching. One picture looks like Jared's profile. I can.not.wait. to find out what they are! I have been shopping so much for stuff and have been really holding back buying any clothes even though I think I know what they are! It's really amazing how much they have grown! When we first saw them they looked so far apart on the screen and now they are right by each other! It's so crazy!

Baby A

What I'm looking forward to next week?
Being one week closer to the end of the first trimester! I'm also looking forward to going to see a high risk doctor so he can check everything out with the twinnies and make sure everything looks good to him and then I'll be released back to Dr. Monterubio. We are also going to Kansas City to visit the fam. I'm hoping we know the sexes by then and we can have a little photo shoot up there to reveal it! Karsyn & Kaia are coming back with us for a week to go to the fair and do some other fun stuff. I'm soooo excited to see those girls! I miss them very much!

What emotions have I experienced this week?
While sitting in the doctors office Monday, I saw a picture of some babies. I started crying. This emotional thing is out of control haha. Just little things not even baby related and I just cry.

Boys or Girls or Both?
I know what I feel like they are...hopefully we find out soon! I've had a few dreams since I've been pregnant and the dreams I've had go along with my thoughts of what they are.

Devotional from the book "Expecting Praying for your Child's Development Body & Soul":
This week is about Confidence: Neck Muscles. "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6
Father, my little one's neck muscles are forming now- so many muscles in their bodies, and your lovingly forming each one. I pray that you will bless them with a strong neck. Even after their born, I know it will take time before those muscles are strong enough to support the weight of their heads. But soon, they will be holding their head up, moving their heads to music, nodding "yes" and shaking their heads "no", and bowing their heads to pray. God, I pray that even as children, they will be able to hold their head high, to be confident in who they are. I don't want them to be cocky or boastful, but to have a healthy pride in the people you have created them to be. And may that same neck that holds their head up also help them bow their head low in worship to you, their creator. May every single part of their bodies be used to worship you.



No comments:

Post a Comment