21 Weeks!!!
This is my 100th post!!
How far along?
21 weeks, 4 days today!
Trimester?
2nd!
How many days until my due date?
129 to Feb 8th, 100 to my goal 36 weeks!
How big are the babies?
The babies are the size of a pomegranate!
I have gained 1 pound this week! Bringing my grand total to 13 pounds!
What milestones did the babies reach this week?
To stay warm the babies are developing body fat and a thin layer of hair called lanugo. They are supposed to weigh about 12 ounces, but our boys are weighing right at a pound!! They are around 11 inches long! They can hiccup as a means to practice breathing and swallowing amniotic fluid in order to practice eating. They are practicing martial arts skills and I can now feel full-fledged kicks and nudges. Their eyebrows and lids are present now!! These are the latest ultrasound pictures!
| Asher's legs on top, Liam's legs crossed on bottom! Long Legs! |
| Asher waving to Mom & Dad |
![]() |
| Liam Alexander |
![]() |
| Asher Matthew |
Emotional, on edge! I get aggravated and annoyed realllly fast. Round ligament pain is awful and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! I have had two bad episodes so far. (thought I was going into labor...sweating, curled up in a ball in the floor and couldn't walk, couldn't talk, pain in my abdomen shooting down into my groin area, and back ache!) So this is entirely worse because of twins! Yet another hoop.
Cravings/Aversions?
Cravings this week...California pizza kitchen avocado egg rolls! Yummy!! Thankfully I got to eat some Monday!
No aversions this week!
Sleep?
What sleep this week? Every night so far this week I was up at 3AM and couldn't fall back asleep until around 6AM...however, I got a pregnancy pillow!!! I LOVE it!!!! It's the best invention ever!
Belly Button?
My belly button is barely there. I guess it will pop out soon!
Dreams?
No crazy dreams this week yet...I don't think I stay asleep long enough to dream!
Best moment of the week?
I really like going to the doctor for reassurance that everything is going well! And getting ultrasounds every two weeks is nice! I am so much more relaxed this week than last week. After talking with the doctor about all of questions about pregnancy...gas/constipation, ligament pain, backache, heartburn, exercise, and cervical changes... much more relaxed because all of it is normal and there are things to take and do to relieve the pain! My cervix is still the same. So he says that's great! If it were going to be drastically changing it would be changing by now. So relieved!!! It's weird because if I was having one baby it wouldn't be a worry at all. People with twins have many more hoops to jump through!
What I'm loving?
The evening fall weather!
What I'm looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to each week passing by!
What emotions have I experienced this week?
Nervous and scared because I had never experienced round ligament pain. So when I got it I thought I was going into labor. Who knew it would be so bad! I've heard it's a multiples thing!
Boys, Girls, or Both?
BOYS!!!! Liam Alexander Politte & Asher Matthew Politte
Movement?
All.The.Time! Kicking, raising their butts in the air. Pretty amazing!!!
Stretch marks?
None yet!!!
What has daddy been up to this week?
Jared really was nervous one night I had the ligament pain. He had never seen me in that much pain before. He stayed up pretty much the whole night and took care of me and then went to work at 7:30AM! He's the best. Don't know what I would do without him. He has been cleaning up, cooking, and tending to my every need!
When do I think I will go into labor?
My doctor wants me to try and make it to 36 or 37 weeks. 36 weeks will be January 11, 2014 and 37 weeks will be January 18, 2014! So definitely before my due date, but still at a safe zone!
Nesting?
Not really doing much these days!
Devotional from the book, "Expecting Praying for your Child's Development Body & Soul": Protection: Fat
"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." -Psalm 32:7 My little babies are adding fat to their bones this week. How exciting! This fat will keep them warm when they leave my cozy womb and enter this big, cold world. These layers of fat will cushion and protect them-and give me something to kiss and pinch. Lord, I pray that you will always keep my children warm and protected. I thank you that they will be born in a warm place and live in a warm home. I thank you that we can afford diapers, clean clothing, and blankets. And they will have their mom and many other loved ones to snuggle with around the clock. God, will you send your angels to protect my darling children? As much as I'd love to be there for them every second of their life, I know I can't be. Even if I could, some things are beyond my control. Help me to trust you to protect my little ones. They already mean the world to me!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment