Banner

Banner

Monday, October 28, 2013

Glucose Tolerance Test

I PASSED!!!!!!
Today I had my glucose tolerance test...the test I've been dreading ever since I found out I was pregnant. Most people told me how awful it was and it made them sick. I had a few people say that it really wasn't that bad. I got to my appt. and immediately they gave me a choice of drink: lemon-lime, fruit punch, or orange. I chose orange since I don't like orange soda anyway just in case I was really turned off by it. I had five minutes to drink it, so I set my timer on my phone thinking it would take me a while. I started drinking and it wasn't bad at all!!! Only took me two minutes and I was done. It did give me heartburn however! An hour later they checked my blood and I went in to see the doctor for my usual appt. They also checked my blood for anemia. He said it's very common with people carrying twins or multiples to be anemic. He really thought I would be...but I'm not!!! So glad I passed that part as well!!! He gave me the good news that everything was looking great and most people with twins are experiencing some contractions and pre-term labor by this point. I have been blessed not to have experienced it yet. But if I do, then there is medicine to try and other things before immediately going to bed rest. We talked about my cervix which is still the same Praise God! And he thinks by the looks of everything at this point that I should make it to 36 weeks! Yay! That was my goal! Of course I asked how long the babies would stay in the NICU if born at 36 weeks and he said likely they would be fine and be able to go home! Another relief! I just have to keep them in there baking until then! We talked about the actual birth which of course I want to have a normal birth. He said that's what he wants too and baby a's head had to be down in order for that to be possible. 70% of the time baby a will be head down, so that's pretty good statistics, and right now Liam is pretty much head down all the time when I go to the doctor! That must be his sweet spot. Another good appt. and more relief fell over me after. I can't believe that I'm getting so close to the end. I mean at the 36 week mark...that's only 11 weeks away! WOW!!! I'm so excited to meet these handsome boys. Speaking of handsome...I got a 4d on Liam at my appt. as well! He doesn't look like Asher. Which means...he looks more like me!!! I wanted them to look different and I'm pretty sure they are going to! Asher wouldn't cooperate at all so no new pictures of him. The sonographer said it is very rare to get a 4d on both babies at the same appt. She said we can try next time. My next appt. is in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment