| Baby B |
| Baby A |
| This is the top of their heads! |
We then were taken to an exam room where we met with Dr. Paul. He was very thorough...2.5 hours in his office was pretty much the longest doctor's appointment I've had thus far! He talked with us about all of the things that come with having twins. He has twin boys, so it was good to hear his experience as a dad and doctor!
The only thing that made me very, very nervous...was when he told me ideally I should gain about 50 pounds. WHAT!!!??? That scared me to death! lol. Given my weight and height he said I should be eating around 2800 calories a day. WOW! But considering I wasn't even eating what I was supposed to be eating before I was pregnant...this might be impossible! I've decided I'm going to eat when I'm hungry and eat lots of smaller meals a day instead of three big meals.
Something else that was interesting is that he told me the reason I'm so tired all the time (more than a normal pregnant woman) is because just sitting in a chair breathing, I'm expending more energy than the normal person by 170 percent. No wonder when I'm doing little things I get exhausted so easily. He also told me to get the amount of oxygen that I need with twins I would have to breath 100 times a minute. So I get very winded doing laundry, walking a lot, going up and down stairs because I'm working harder than the average person. Lots of information that I didn't really know before! He recommended the book I actually have been reading, "When Your Expecting Twins, Triplets, and Quads." It's a great book with lots of information on weight gain, foods to eat, things that could happen and how to avoid them.
Overall we really liked him and his office staff is wonderful! We will continue seeing him throughout my pregnancy at various times just to make sure everything is progressing as it should.
No comments:
Post a Comment